Saturday, December 18, 2010

Gardening tasks

Everyone loves chores, right?  Ha!  Raking leaves is one of my favorite chores, that is if I have a favorite chore. We rake up leaves and lots of times, have a good old leaf fight or pile them under the slide to slide in. Our Cypress tree dumped a bumch of leaves.  It is exceptionally beautiful this year.  Unfortunately, when you live in the city, trees sometimes get too big.  This one is going to have to go.  It is encroaching on our Oak tree and my vegetable garden.


In the process of removing the weeds from our garden and removing our old tomato plants, we found our rubber snake.  That snake made us jump more times this summer.  Our lab would kill that thing over and over again. I found it partially buried.  I'm sure Ruthie had something to do with it.  I pulled it up and the killing began again.  Our yard is now safe.

Broccoli all tucked in.

 



































Ruthie and the snake, once again reunite
And what boy doesn't love a good snake!


























What chores do you like in the garden?

No comments:

Post a Comment